Thursday 18 February 2010

Self-Reflexivity

Lately I've been thinking a lot about simple ways to improve my happiness. This was inspired by Gretchen Rubin's 'The Happiness Project' blog and book. I have become much more self-conscious about the way I go about the world and whether I am reaching my own idea of potential. I think this project has come to me at a time when I am ready for it, which fits the saying that when you are ready to learn the teacher will reveal itself to you. Why am I telling you all this? The chapter of the book that I finished over lunch was about allowing yourself to embrace your passions. I'm already doing quite well with this, since mine are finding out about new ideas, discussions, writing and reading. I'm trying to think of ways that I can reflect this in my daily life. For a while I've wanted to use this blog as a place to store quotations, ideas, thoughts and fleeting moments, so my conclusion is that I'm going to start posting something at least 5 days a week. Let's see how I go!

“Well-being is attained by little and little, and nevertheless is no little thing itself.”
Zeno of Citium

No comments:

Post a Comment