Wednesday 4 November 2009

I'm joining InAdWriMo 2009!!

Ok thanks to Alice Academic's post that I read this morning, I've decided to join in the challenge of InAdWriMo. It is the academic alternative to NaNoWriMo (Aim: write a 50,000 word novel in a month), which was started by Fumbling Towards Geekdom in 2006.

The aims are as follows:
  • Write as much as you can and get those niggling projects finished at least in the rough draft version.
  • Post a word count progress bar on your blog
  • Write about your progress on your blog
  • Register at this post so you can receive moral support from your fellow academic writers.

I'm going to use this as inspiration to help me complete the following tasks:
  • write more on my dissertation (7,000)
  • write progress review documents (2,000)
  • write my conference paper to present end of next week (3,000)
  • write a shitty first draft of my book chapter (8,000)
Well I'm going in to start some of this writing and hoping that I can think through my fingers! Best of luck to any of the rest of you who are participating in InAdWriMo 2009 (and to those other academic dissertation writers)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment